midas FEA NX: Simulate Concrete Cracking and Cracked Section Behaviors Using Various Approaches
Author: JC Sun
Publish Date: 14 Apr, 2022
In this MIDAS Intro Session, our MIDAS engineer introduced approaches to simulate cracked RC sections based on AASHTO LRFD/ACI codes, the fundamental material models to simulate concrete nonlinearity, and the approaches to visualize concrete cracks in the simulation tools.
- Overview of concrete cracking behavior
- The basic assumptions of concrete crack calculations in AASHTO/ACI codes
- Simulating the effective flexural stiffness for cracked concrete walls using AASHTO/ACI codes
- Use the nonlinear concrete material property to explicitly simulate concrete cracking
- Concrete cracking direction, status, and width visualization.
For more questions, you can email JC at firstname.lastname@example.org